NOTE: Our physical address is: 18443 Macnab Cypress Road. However, please call us for directions or use the directions listed here. It is safe to use your GPS to get to Nevada City; however, do use our directions after that point. Using our physical address with GPS or internet maps will lead you astray!
The Meditation Retreat is about an hour and a half from Sacramento and about two hours and twenty minutes from Reno.
Take I-80 east to the town of Auburn, then Highway 49 north to Grass Valley/Nevada City (turn left onto Hwy 49 after you exit I-80). Stay on Hwy 49 through Grass Valley and Nevada City.
As you pass through Nevada City on Hwy 49:
- Take the left turn at the large sign which says “49 to Downieville”
- After 10.5 miles, look for a brown state park sign on the right that reads “Malakoff Diggins”. There, you will turn right onto Tyler Foote Road.
- After driving for about 4.7 miles on Tyler Foote Road, you will see the large “Ananda Village” sign on the left. Continue PAST Ananda Village on Tyler Foote Road for another 3.0 miles.
- Look for a bright yellow “curves ahead” sign, followed by two bright yellow “school crossing” signs on the right for Grizzly Hill School. Make a right turn immediately after these signs onto Jackass Flats Rd.
- Follow this gravel road for 2.2 miles.
- Turn left up the hill at the small brown “Ananda” sign that is low to the ground and marked with two red reflectors. (there is also a large green sign which says “Macnab Cypress Road” on a tree just inside the entrance road to the Retreat).
- Continue 0.6 miles up the hill to the main parking area past the sign for the Ananda Meditation Retreat. After you park your car and walk through the gate, the office is the building just on to your right.
(two hours & 20 minutes)
Take I-80 west to Hwy 20, then Hwy 20 west for about 30 minutes to Hwy 49. Turn right on Hwy 49 toward Downieville, and follow directions above.
From the Northwest:
Take I-5 south to Williams, Calif., then Hwy 20 east to Grass Valley, where Hwy 20 joins Hwy 49. Take Hwy 49/20 north to Nevada City and follow directions above.
By Air, Bus, or Train:
Fly into Sacramento or Reno, or take an Amtrak train & bus to Nevada City. Call the Super Shuttle (Blue Van) at (530)-432-3235, for shuttle service to and from the Ananda Meditation Retreat. Be sure to mention that you are going to the Ananda Retreat that is 5 miles further past the Expanding Light retreat and Ananda Village. Round-trip shuttle costs are “subject to change” and are approximately $165 ($100 one way) from Sacramento and $75 ($45 one way) from Nevada City. From Reno, it’s approximately $210 for a one-way shuttle!