The following items are strongly recommended:
- Flashlight for navigating the retreat at night
- Appropriate clothes for the season, in layers (even summer can be chilly at night)
- Sunhats in summer
- Rain gear in all seasons except summer
- Sturdy boots or shoes for walking/hiking
- Sunscreen and insect repellent in the summer
- For seclusions: meditation and hatha yoga equipment; uplifting reading materials (some supplied in our small library); music, with your own player device.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com for any additional questions and for more suggestions.
In spite of our indifference and pursuits of sense pleasures, still God loves us, and always will. To know this, we must withdraw our thoughts from sensations and be silent within. Silencing the thoughts means tuning them in to God. That is when true prayer begins.
– Paramhansa Yogananda