June 23 – 29 at the Ananda Meditation Retreat – for families and children 4 to 16 years old.
A week-long residential camp for families seeking an uplifting summer experience
Exploring Spiritual Community for Families
Explore, discover, relax, and play with other spiritually-minded families in the serene setting of the Ananda Meditation Retreat. Learn how to nourish your family’s innate spirituality through classes and activities, conducted by Ananda Living Wisdom School teachers and community residents under the guidance of Nitai Deranja (founding member of Living Wisdom Schools and Education for Life). The Family Camp is one of our most popular programs, so reserve early in order to hold your space.
Retreat highlights include:
- Family circles
- Nature outings & games
- Overnight camp-outs for teens
- Arts & crafts
- Discussion sessions on Education for Life topics for parents
- Delicious, family-friendly vegetarian meals
Nitai Deranja: Nitai received his B.A. in Humanistic Psychology from the University of California at Berkeley, Phi Beta Kappa. His educational credentialing includes an M.A. in Education from the University of California at Davis. He founded the first Education for Life elementary school in Nevada City, California, and established the first Education for Life high school in 1997. He is also the founder of Families for a New Tomorrow. Nitai has taught parenting and teacher training workshops for over 30 years and is the author of “The Art of Joyful Education“, “For Goodness’ Sake: Helping Children and Teens Discover Life’s
Higher Values“, and co-author of “Journey to the Heart of Nature“. He is a dynamic, inspirational and joyful teacher.
A $150 deposit is required to save your space. Please see below for the cancellation policy.
The rates listed below include: three delicious, family-friendly vegetarian meals each day; healthy snacks for children; all classes, outings and activities; materials and class supplies.
- $445 per couple in own tent, $280 per single adult.
- $565 per couple in retreat tent, $400 per single adult. (Can accommodate up to five people. Interior height enables adults to stand comfortably).
- $685 per couple in bungalow, $525 per single adult. (Two beds, floor space for one small mattress or cot.)
- $1,070 per couple in a full-amenities cabin; $760 per single adult.
- $300 per child, aged 5-17 (tenting only)
- $420 per child, staying in bungalow or cabin
- Children under 4 are free in a tent aslong as parents provide full care; ($60 for the week in bungalow or cabin).
- Optional daycare is provided by camp staff at $8/child/hour (only available during select times).
- Two single parents could share a bungalow or tent and receive the couple’s rate.
The deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel more than seven days prior to the start of the program, your $150 deposit will be available as a credit for up to one year, for any program or rental that you choose. If the cancellation is within seven days of the beginning of the program, then the $150 deposit is forfeited.
For more information and to reserve:
E-mail email@example.com or call the Retreat office at: 1-530-292-3024